By Claudia L. Johnson,Clara Tuite
- Provides the main entire and updated array of Austen scholarship
- Functions either as a scholarly reference and as a survey of the main cutting edge speculative advancements within the box of Austen studies
- Engages at size with altering contexts and cultures of reception from the 19th to the twenty-first centuries
Read or Download A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
The nineteenth century novel more often than not examines social difficulties and values. a number of novels of that interval deal with adulterous relationships; in doing so, they think about the perspective towards adultery specifically societies. utilizing the adulteress as an archetypal determine of the realist culture as a relentless, this booklet compares and discusses six novels of adultery from worldwide to teach how they mirror the factors and judgments of the 19th century.
Seminar paper from the yr 2004 within the topic English Language and Literature reviews - Literature, grade: 1,7, collage of Cologne (Englisches Seminar), path: Seminar, sixteen entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: each person has a belief of his or her dating to his mom and dad.
This assortment covers the diversity of Thomas Hardy's works and their social and highbrow contexts, supplying a accomplished creation to Hardy's lifestyles and instances. that includes brief, vigorous contributions from forty-four foreign students, the quantity explores the approaches wherein Hardy the fellow grew to become Hardy the printed author; the altering severe responses to his paintings; his reaction to the social and political demanding situations of his time; his engagement with modern highbrow debate; and his legacy within the 20th century and after.
The Room and the realm: Essays at the Poet Stephen Dunn is the 1st ebook of its type to discover and unpack the Pulitzer profitable poet’s oeuvre. together with 24 essays, a preface by means of poet and essayist Smith, and an creation by way of McCullough, this anthology illuminates Dunn’s improvement as a author, his thematic obsessions, his recommendations and maneuvers at the web page, and locates him within the pantheon of crucial American poets.
- Remembering and the Sound of Words: Mallarmé, Proust, Joyce, Beckett: Mallarme, Proust, Joyce, Beckett
- Analysis "Garden of Love" by William Blake
- Imitate Anacreon! (Millennium-Studien / Millennium Studies)
- The New Ayn Rand Companion, Revised and Expanded Edition
- Urban Underworlds: A Geography of Twentieth-Century American Literature and Culture (The American Literatures Initiative)
- Nation and Citizenship in the Twentieth-Century British Novel
Additional info for A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Jane Austen (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Claudia L. Johnson,Clara Tuite