By Robert H. King
Read or Download African Americans and the Local Church PDF
Best protestantism books
How did the Huguenots of Paris live on, or even prosper, within the eighteenth century whilst the bulk Catholic inhabitants used to be infamous for its hostility to Protestantism? Why, by means of the tip of the previous Regime, did public opinion overwhelmingly favour giving Huguenots better rights? This learn of the expansion of non secular toleration in Paris strains the categorical heritage of the Huguenots after Louis XIV revoked the Edict of Nantes in 1685.
The doctrine of theosis has loved a contemporary resurgence between diverse theological traditions around the nation-states of old, dogmatic, and exegetical theology. In Christification: A Lutheran method of Theosis, Jordan Cooper evaluates this instructing from a Lutheran viewpoint. He examines the lessons of the church fathers, the recent testomony, and the Lutheran Confessional culture in dialog with fresh scholarship on theosis.
Within the Reformation and the Remnant, writer Nicholas Miller examines an important matters and questions dealing with the Adventist Church this present day during the lenses supplied by means of the ideas and ideas of assorted Protestant reformers. Miller discusses such themes as biblical authority and proposal, the good controversy topic, non secular liberty and public morality, final day occasions and Sunday legislation, and righteousness by way of religion and perfection, as he unearths why the information that formed the Christian church nonetheless topic.
The belief of a kingdom faith is seldom hooked up to non secular freedom and liberal, glossy, and democratic states. despite the fact that, this type of state of affairs existed in Norway till 2012, while the Lutheran Church used to be the nation church of Norway. a wide majority of the inhabitants belonged to the church, although the share in 2013 had fallen to good over seventy-five.
- God of Two Testaments, The
- Doctrine, Dynamic and Difference: To the Heart of the Lutheran-Roman Catholic Differentiated Consensus on Justification (Ecclesiological Investigations)
- Yearning for the New Age: Laura Holloway-Langford and Late Victorian Spirituality (Religion in North America)
- Tyranny and Resistance: The Magdeburg Confession and the Lutheran Tradition
- The Church of England and the Home Front, 1914-1918: Civilians, Soldiers and Religion in Wartime Colchester
- A Journey with Luke: The 50 Day Bible Challenge
Additional resources for African Americans and the Local Church
African Americans and the Local Church by Robert H. King